It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:04 am
Change font size
Forum Home Public Utterby

Utterby

Utterby Wish List

A place for Staff and players alike to use to coordinate RPTs and in-game events. No IC info, please.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Re: Utterby Wish List

Postby Droll » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:35 pm

More mending kits. We've been out for over a week.
[A burning comet headed straight for your head is online. Use NOTIFY to reply in kind.]
Droll
Honored Dwarf

Postby Droll » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:23 pm

Gate guards made into patrol boards like they were in SoI2. Orcs could probably benefit from same thing.
[A burning comet headed straight for your head is online. Use NOTIFY to reply in kind.]
Droll
Honored Dwarf

Postby Eru » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:44 am

Droll wrote:Gate guards made into patrol boards like they were in SoI2. Orcs could probably benefit from same thing.

You mean the Guards at the gatehouses? 8-)
Eru
Guide

Postby Bones » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:20 am

Could we get re-added to the Who list, a number of people currently in the Ironwood Inn? Seems to me like unless you know where everyone is crafting, fighting or RPing, it's fairly hard to do anything but wander around trying to find people. If the Inn could be given its own 'X people are currently in X' like in the old days, I think it might help at least provide a rally point.
Nimrod banned me for 7 days.
Bones
Elf Recruit

Utterby Life - Signs! & Other Things

Postby Erucolindo » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:06 am

I figured I would kick off a thread for citizens of Utterby in which we chat about things we'd like to see / think are a good idea. For example - I have noticed that besides stores, the only way used to mark locations is generally a log dragged to some spot or the other with some words carved into it.

Instead, how about a signpost craft? It doesn't need to do anything other than be a signpost as players could just omote lock it, but I think it would be nifty to be able to construct a series of signposts and put them in areas of high throughput pointing to various places. With careful spacing of your omote, you could probably even get the text to 'look' like an actual sign (As in multiple short lines pointing to places). Perhaps a woodcrafting skill, or woodcraft-timberwright?

This may be because I took a break from the game after learning the town well, but I occasionally stumble into a new shop or sub-area that I didn't know / had forgotten was there. For new players it mus be even more tricky, I recall losing my place many times during my first few days.
Erucolindo
Verified Member

Re: Utterby Life - Signs! & Other Things

Postby Eugene » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:39 am

Honestly, I would say just add signpost items and crafts to make them whilst relying upon the existing omote system. Omote is awesome.

This might also serve well to confused newbies, as signs would offer on-the-server guidance. Plus, I hate having to pull up the Utterby map on the forums. I appreciate that it was made but it kind of kills immersion to alt-tab between my client and the website.
Eugene
Dwarf Recruit

Postby Kregarn » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:35 pm

There is actually a 'plaque' item which can be crafted by woodworkers that can be crafted and omoted/engraved/painted. Unfortunately, as the staff has pointed out to many of us in the past, this is a low education game where very very few can read. So when you're omoting an object, it shouldn't have words written because that bypasses education and script requirements.

That said, with some creativity you might be able to get away with signs that guide by a picture but even something like "... is marked with a symbol widely recognized as a 'G'." is bypassing language/script.
Kregarn

Postby Rishte » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:11 am

If you do not have the literacy/education skill you should not be using omote to get around the lack of said skill by way of using any object to make signs or letters through omote or even the decorate skill.

There are in game message boards around businesses and town and if you feel a certain business needs one - contact their IC owner. Some businesses choose to have them, some do not. Stalls have a centralized message board in the market.

For PCs who do not have the literacy skill, it can ruin their immersion if it is forced on them by way of omote. If you see an object omoted to have a word, words, or letter on it please omote it to not have this.
Rishte
The Shadow

Postby Rishte » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:14 am

Due to already having a wishlist for Utterby - I have moved this thread. Please try to use threads already in place if they are the same thing.
Rishte
The Shadow

Postby Faroukel » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:14 am

A gambling den that has a gambling table for gambling crafts so I can gamble.
"Youse maggoty lout! Get'cher arse on da move an' quit youse yappin!"
Faroukel
Honored Dwarf

Postby Maris » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:14 am

Wodan wrote:A gambling den that has a gambling table for gambling crafts so I can gamble.

The den had one at random a couple months ago, but after a few dice rolls and using the crafts, it disappeared.
Maris

Postby Rishte » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:32 pm

It was removed as it was not meant to be there. You guys have some awesome dice, do that rp thing together.

Gambling will be more readily available in the future.
Rishte
The Shadow

Postby Real » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:48 pm

Can we get some basic clothes loaded into the Lodge shops please?
Everything gets smaller now the further that I go
Towards the mouth and the reunion of the known and the unknown
Consider yourself lucky if you think of it as home
You can move mountains with your misery if you don't
Real
Elf Recruit

Postby Rishte » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:14 pm

Speak to PCs. Make board posts ICly.

Do not use this wishlist for requests for staff to load things.
Rishte
The Shadow

Postby Bones » Mon May 15, 2017 3:24 pm

For those folks wanting stuff in the Lodge shops, or available elsewhere.. Check the markets and Lodge Shops. From what I can tell, -Someone- went through to make sure there's stuff available. *glares at Rishte for making things better*
Nimrod banned me for 7 days.
Bones
Elf Recruit

Previous

Return to Utterby

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login