Change font size
Forum Home Public Warcraft

Warcraft

Beta Testing [Closed]

A place to discuss the Warcraft System.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Beta Testing [Closed]

Postby Mavinero » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:49 am

Firstly, a small typo, which will be shown in bold.

TRANSFERING TROOPS

You may transfer each type of troop either FROM or TO your home base.
The transfer command may only be used from within your stronghold and
you must specify the type of troop, number and where you wish to transfer
them.

Your troops are not transfered instantly. There is a queue created for

*** Press return to continue - 'q' to quit ***

each stronghold and for your home base. Each troop transfered to a
specific location is placed in this queue and each hour a single
troop becomes available. It is imperetive that you take in to
consideration these transfer times when ordering movements and avoid
any un-needed movements as this may tie up your troops in a manner
you may regret at a later time.

Secondly, I read through the helpfile for warcraft, and I did not see a command for being able to see the amount of resources for a given strong hold.

Have I missed something, or is it just not there?
A small, shell-grey-eyed male begins to flicker and flash, turning to a red color as such happens. Without warning, a slim, silver-hilted lightsaber hilt ignites with a ruby-hued length. "Incorrect. I am programmed for queries, not pleasure."
Mavinero
Dwarf Recruit

Re: Beta Testing

Postby Mavinero » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:53 am

Quick addition:

Is there a way to quickly surmise the current overall state of the garrisoned troops in a stronghold? Health and such? Will there also be a means to find out how each type of troop posted is currently functioning?
A small, shell-grey-eyed male begins to flicker and flash, turning to a red color as such happens. Without warning, a slim, silver-hilted lightsaber hilt ignites with a ruby-hued length. "Incorrect. I am programmed for queries, not pleasure."
Mavinero
Dwarf Recruit

Postby Nimrod » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:07 pm

Mavinero wrote:Secondly, I read through the helpfile for warcraft, and I did not see a command for being able to see the amount of resources for a given strong hold.

Have I missed something, or is it just not there?

collect resources

You must specify what resource and how many you'd like to collect. Example: COLLECT RESOURCE WOOD 2 - removes two logs from stock and drops them on the ground.

Current resources: 0 logs, 0 iron ore, 0 stones, 0 rope, -26375 calories of food, -844 sips of water. (Note: You may not currently collect food or water from this stronghold.)

This may or may not be in the help file. I'll add it if it is not.
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby Nimrod » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:12 pm

Mavinero wrote:Quick addition:

Is there a way to quickly surmise the current overall state of the garrisoned troops in a stronghold? Health and such? Will there also be a means to find out how each type of troop posted is currently functioning?

Yes. Eventually. You can currently check how many troops are in the position with the 'TROOP' command. This will eventually include a listing of those troops that are in the local infirmary.

You'll also be able to see the overall morale shortly as well. The morale system is in place, I just need to deploy a few things and update some ways for you to be able to boost morale, etc...

Morale will play a role in how well your gatherers gather, your scouts scout, your medics medic... it will NOT affect how well your troops fight though. So, if morale is normal... your gatherers may gather 1 log a day... if morale is high, they may gather 1.2 logs a day, etc...
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby Nimrod » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:16 pm

Do you think adding a command called 'status' would help, Mav? That would be really easy to add and it could list how many troops are there, current morale, state of the stronghold, number of resources you have, etc...
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby Mavinero » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:51 pm

I do not believe that I saw any mention of a resource readout in the helpfile, no.
Mavinero
Dwarf Recruit

Postby Mavinero » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:52 pm

Also, it would be a good thing to add in the command to cancel deployments in the helpfile as well.
Mavinero
Dwarf Recruit

Postby Mavinero » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:39 pm

I think something like a Stronghold Status command would be a smashing idea. Something that is quick to pull, so that it could be made a part of a garrison commander's day, but not take up more than it needs to.
Mavinero
Dwarf Recruit

Postby Bones » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:58 pm

The Infirmary, and Storage room and western room are not flagged as lit.
Nimrod banned me for 7 days.
Bones
Elf Recruit

Postby Bones » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:56 pm

scout resources
You scout around the area, looking for possible resources that may be
available.

<***** / ^^^^^^ / ||||| >
You finish your scouting.

Nothing displayed. Not a 'you find nothing' or anything.
Bones
Elf Recruit

Postby Nimrod » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:14 am

Bones wrote:scout resources
available.

Yep... this is due to the craft prog being missing from the craft. I'm not sure how that happened, but I'll put it on my to-do list. Once it is in, you should get a nice output.

Thanks.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby Nimrod » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:32 am

Bones wrote:scout resources
available.

This is what it should look like.

<#****** / ^^^^^^ / ||||||> scout resources
available.

<#****** / ^^^^^^ / ||||||>

After spending a considerable amount of time scouting the area you feel that the following resources could be gathered by a single person, on average, each day:

1.008 logs.
0.504 chunks of bog-iron ore.
288 sips of water.
9000 calories of food.
1.008 large stones.
10.08 feet of rope.

As soon as we finish seeding Mirkwood, you'll be able to locate areas that are rich with one resource and low on the others, or possibly rich in all resources. These will be hotspots (hopefully) that armies will try to dominate so they can gather lots and lots of resources more easily.

Bear with us as we tweak the values. It will be an ongoing process.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby Mavinero » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:02 am

Something appears to be wrong with the relocate command currently. I haven't moved the stronghold in two days. And now:

relocate stronghold west

You have issued a valid movement order to the west.

Sorry, you've relocated this position too recently. You'll have to wait
approximately 7760 hours before you may order a movement.

Originally, it read out that it couldn't be moved for another 24 hours. It has been more than that.
Mavinero
Dwarf Recruit

Postby Bones » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:22 pm

For the scout resources. When it displays all of those, will we have to select a specific item for the gatherers to get? Or will it just be you have X gatherers, so X times each value, and you get all of that per day?
Bones
Elf Recruit

Postby Bones » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:24 pm

relocate stronghold north confirm

You have issued a valid movement order to the north.

Sorry, you've relocated this position too recently. You'll have to wait
approximately 724 hours before you may order a movement.
Bones
Elf Recruit

Postby Nimrod » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:24 pm

Bones wrote:For the scout resources. When it displays all of those, will we have to select a specific item for the gatherers to get? Or will it just be you have X gatherers, so X times each value, and you get all of that per day?

Gatherers gather ALL of those resources each day. You do not specify what to concentrate on. When we do seed Central Mirkwood you'll find some very interesting variations.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby Nimrod » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:25 pm

Mavinero wrote:7760 hours before you may order a movement.

Okay... I'll have a look at this tomorrow. Thanks.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby Bones » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:23 am

reinforce stronghold
You take up a dusky mixed-wood log and set them into standing at the
walls of the stronghold, reinforcing the position.

<****** / ^^^^^^ / ||| >
This is the second phase.
Temp data room: 4031
We are in room: 4031
The data room is: 4032
Army Name: mirkguard
Map Room: 76038
Location in Mirkwood: 76094
Fort Hit Points: 6781
Max Fort Hit Points: 6781
Defenders: 1
Gatherers: 1
Scouts: 1

Maximum forts: 1
Forts Deployed: 1
Casualty Room: 76084
Deploy Room: 76084
Defender vnum: 5997
Modifier: 110
Clan: utterbyguard
forthp: 6781
relativestr1: 1
relativestr2: 100
relativestr3: 100
The relative strength is: 100 percent.
The addition is: 110
New forthp is: 6891
Bones
Elf Recruit

Postby Nimrod » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:22 am

Bones wrote:Craft data output

Yep, this is on purpose for the time being. The data output is fairly easy to read, the bit that you're most concerned with is this:

The relative strength is: 100 percent.
The addition is: 110
New forthp is: 6891

Relative Strength just shows you if your Stronghold has been attacked at all. If it has been, i.e. HP is 4000/5000 then it would show relative strength at 80%.

The addition bit is how many HP you're adding to the overall position with your work. In this case your HP addition is 110, which makes your new HP Maximum 6891 (which seems kind of strange, but when when you consider that you lose 10% per move you can get some strange max values in the end).

Yes, I realize some others will not get 110 HP addition, this is by design, don't worry, you'll all be on an equal footing soon. (I can control how much is added to each fort by clan). The reason for this is that if orcs have an average of 20 players logging in each day to help with warcraft and the citadel only has 10, then I can tweak the numbers slightly to make the fight a bit more even. The clan with more numbers will still have a big advantage, but the weaker clan will put up a bit more of a fight when their strongholds are under seige.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby Faroukel » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:40 am

Be warned that it's also possible (or at least was last year) to order a stronghold into a water room, in which case it will sink to the bottom of the river.

To double check you're ordering into a "good" room, you can relocate to a non-cardinal direction and it will show you how the n, e, s, w exits look. (water will be in blue).

A relocate confirm could be handy here.
"Youse maggoty lout! Get'cher arse on da move an' quit youse yappin!"
Faroukel
Honored Dwarf

Postby Nimrod » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:39 am

Wodan wrote:Be warned that it's also possible (or at least was last year) to order a stronghold into a water room, in which case it will sink to the bottom of the river.

To double check you're ordering into a "good" room, you can relocate to a non-cardinal direction and it will show you how the n, e, s, w exits look. (water will be in blue).

A relocate confirm could be handy here.

This is most definitely on my list of things to fix! :)
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby Nimrod » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:52 pm

I've reset the timers for relocation. I've also included some more echo information (for testing purposes when you relocate). Please try to move your position, and then try to move again. If it says anything more than 24 hours on the second time, please copy/past the entire log with all the data output from both moves attempts.

Thanks.

Also... just to keep things cleaner, please create a new thread for each issue so I don't have to scroll through a bunch of other details.

Thanks.

I'm marking this one resolved. Create a new thread if need be.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Return to Warcraft

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login