Hello,

Currently it seems as if:

Corporal and above can:
Deploy strongholds
Transfer troops

All ranks can:
Relocate strongholds
Collect Resources

I think the current layout is pretty solid.
"Youse maggoty lout! Get'cher arse on da move an' quit youse yappin!"
Faroukel
Honored Dwarf

Re: Strongholds Interaction - Ranks

Postby Bones » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:39 am

Honestly, on the Utterby side, it's a wait and see sort of thing. I will be pretty disappointed if I see recruits and privates withdrawing logs and taking them to sell, and keeping the coin.

Orc side, you can stomp a mudhole in 'em.
Nimrod banned me for 7 days.
Bones
Elf Recruit

Postby Faroukel » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:48 am

In regards to the items provided by strongholds, can only see a use for iron ore at the moment.

The logs (while they could be sellable, not sure) are only used for the reinforce stronghold craft.
Faroukel
Honored Dwarf

Postby tehkory » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:23 pm

Wodan wrote:In regards to the items provided by strongholds, can only see a use for iron ore at the moment.

The logs (while they could be sellable, not sure) are only used for the reinforce stronghold craft.

They're sellable currently, yes. Maybe a flag for that sort of thing could be nice...but, honestly, corruption can be IC and fun, too. Better a tracker that you can use to see who took what where than just stopping it altogether.
tehkory
Master Ent

Postby Faroukel » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:26 pm

There is a tracker to see who withdrew what from the strongholds.

Consider yourself warned. :twisted:
Faroukel
Honored Dwarf

Postby Nimrod » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:55 pm

Wodan wrote:All ranks can:
Relocate strongholds
Collect Resources

That's an oversight on my part. It's supposed to only be Corporals and above that can do that. It's a fairly simple fix. I'll add to my to-do list.
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby Faroukel » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:43 pm

I actually prefer it as is, to be honest. It gives a leader an assignment to give to a sub-leader.

"Go an' spat at dem camp snagas tuh stop draggin' der arses and head east to da ravine."

Stuff like that.

The resources too. Everything is tracked on the warboard, so if the leader is inactive/not monitoring it would only make sense for things to go awry.
Faroukel
Honored Dwarf

Postby Nimrod » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:26 pm

Hmmm... an interesting concept, Wodan and one I was hoping to see from leaders of clans, but I assumed that those that you'd assign to do this type of thing would be Corporal and above.

The main reason I'm loathe to allow non-corporals the ability to do these things is just to avoid having a private accidentally send you position west and straight at an enemy stronghold, and also to keep them from stealing all the goods...

Would checking to see if they're PRIVATE or higher work here? I'd be fine with that, then you can demote those characters that don't follow orders.

Thoughts?
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby tehkory » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:16 pm

Nimrod wrote:Hmmm... an interesting concept, Wodan and one I was hoping to see from leaders of clans, but I assumed that those that you'd assign to do this type of thing would be Corporal and above.

The main reason I'm loathe to allow non-corporals the ability to do these things is just to avoid having a private accidentally send you position west and straight at an enemy stronghold, and also to keep them from stealing all the goods...

Would checking to see if they're PRIVATE or higher work here? I'd be fine with that, then you can demote those characters that don't follow orders.

Thoughts?

Let them steal the goods, don't let them move the stronghold. One's IC, one just sounds like OOC inexperience.
tehkory
Master Ent

Postby Faroukel » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:48 pm

I'm thinking a private tag is good for both relocate or resources, as they'd typically be a recognized and (not-so) trusted clan member.

I think it would be a stretch for someone with a membership affiliation or recruit status to nab up what they wanted and walk out the door. But ultimately, the more people involved the better so I'm pretty much cool with whatever.
Faroukel
Honored Dwarf

Postby Nimrod » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:54 am

I'll go with Private rank to move and collect resources.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby Bones » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:04 am

Works for me.. Any IC abuse has IC consequences.. Haven't hanged a traitor in ages!
Nimrod banned me for 7 days.
Bones
Elf Recruit

Postby Nimrod » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:44 am

Another thing to make sure we remember, is that anyone who moves a position or collects resources is listed as doing such in your War Log.

:)
Nimrod
Game Lead

Return to Warcraft

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login