Forum Home Public Warcraft

Warcraft

Stronghold combat - OOC testing event

A place to discuss the Warcraft System.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Stronghold combat - OOC testing event

Postby Faroukel » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:46 pm

Hello,

Was wondering about the possibility of setting up an ooc event to go through a mock assault, defense, and capture of a stronghold.

Or even if a blurb could help out quite a bit here.

From what I understand, the attacking party takes down the stronghold walls using the attack position craft. During this time, archers (not yet fully implemented) would be shooting down at the attackers from the ramparts.

Upon the walls being destroyed, there is a prog (command escapes me) to destroy the stronghold. Does this basically open the gate into the stronghold proper? At this point, there are defenders assigned to the fort (implemented, I believe). Does this load said amount of defenders into the fort, or is there a math as to how many npcs will come to defend. What sort of npcs are we talking about as well, strong, weak, armed, naked, and so on?

If the attackers win, I believe they then destroy the stronghold, or do they capture it?

Think we've got the basics of moment, troops transfers, resources, and so on..but not too sure about these more complex interactions.
Any input appreciated!
"Youse maggoty lout! Get'cher arse on da move an' quit youse yappin!"
Faroukel
Honored Dwarf

Re: Stronghold combat - OOC testing event

Postby Nimrod » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:06 pm

Faroukel wrote:From what I understand, the attacking party takes down the stronghold walls using the attack position craft. During this time, archers (not yet fully implemented) would be shooting down at the attackers from the ramparts.
Unless you have a covered battering ram. :)

Faroukel wrote:Upon the walls being destroyed, there is a prog (command escapes me) to destroy the stronghold. Does this basically open the gate into the stronghold proper? At this point, there are defenders assigned to the fort (implemented, I believe). Does this load said amount of defenders into the fort, or is there a math as to how many npcs will come to defend. What sort of npcs are we talking about as well, strong, weak, armed, naked, and so on?

If the attackers win, I believe they then destroy the stronghold, or do they capture it?

Think we've got the basics of moment, troops transfers, resources, and so on..but not too sure about these more complex interactions.
Any input appreciated!

When you get the stronghold down to under 10% of its HP, then a BREACH object is loaded outside the stronghold (where you run the attack position craft). This allows you, the attacker to actually ENTER the stronghold. The command should be readily apparent when the BREACH is loaded.

When you ENTER the BREACH, that puts you inside the stronghold itself and within 3 seconds a defender comes out to confront you. Each person who enters the breach will have a defender come out.

When the defender drops to a specified health level, they will retreat and load up two new defenders in its place. This continues until you have killed or run off ALL the defenders, including the key holder. Once you have killed every, single thing in the stronghold, then you can raid the position, stealing wood, iron, rope, etc... You can also set the stronghold on fire, rendering it completely useless for further use by the enemy. They will have to re-deploy a new position all the way back at their starting room.

FYI - You cannot destroy the stronghold if there are ANY npcs or pcs in the stronghold. It must be completely empty and undefended. If the defender has ordered transfers from their home base and they have not yet arrived, they are forever lost, assumed killed in the attack.
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby Faroukel » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:16 pm

Awesome.

8-)
Faroukel
Honored Dwarf

Postby Faroukel » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:07 pm

I'm not sure if I missed this elsewhere, but I came across a cool feature, especially for defending groups.

If engaged in combat outside a stronghold, you can type 'approach stronghold' to beat a fighting retreat back into the stronghold yard.
Faroukel
Honored Dwarf

Postby krelm » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:26 pm

So, just to clarify, if you assault a stronghold, and only you enter it, you'll have to fight a total of 3 NPCs? And if 2 of you enter, you'll have to fight 6, etc?
One among the fence.
krelm
Calce Ferio asini Operarius

Postby Nimrod » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:54 pm

krelm wrote:So, just to clarify, if you assault a stronghold, and only you enter it, you'll have to fight a total of 3 NPCs? And if 2 of you enter, you'll have to fight 6, etc?

Incorrect.

If you enter a stronghold alone, you'll be faced with a single defender until you defeat him. Once you defeat him, he will retreat and call for TWO more defenders. If you defeat one of these two new defenders, then he will call for TWO more defenders, and so on.

So each defender you defeat will load up two more defenders... at least until the stronghold runs out of defenders. They'll just keep piling on until you run away or beat them all. Each single defender you defeat is replaced by TWO defenders, so, in theory, you could end up fighting a dozen defenders all at once if you lived long enough, though I highly doubt that will ever happen.

You can easily get outnumbered very quickly if you're not careful in these scenarios.
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby Nimrod » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:56 am

I know I've been caught up with other stuff, but Warcraft is still on my mind and I've done some minor work with it over the last two weeks.

Hopefully I can get all of you that have strongholds to move them closer to the enemy. The goal is to get them as close as possible and have the enemy attack and destroy them.

Also... I'm going to be tweaking the number of troops in your strongholds, as well as some of the resources. I just want to knock down the number of defenders so a position can actually be sacked.

I'm really looking for feedback from a group that would take the time to attack a position. If you do this, set your status or petition to see if I'm around and I'll help you destroy it if you have enough man (or orc) power.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Return to Warcraft

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login