Change font size

General Discussion

Sage's Life Post (and status updates)

Discuss game issues here.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Sage's Life Post (and status updates)

Postby Faroukel » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:38 am

Hiya,

Just wanted to say thanks to Sage for offering some insight into the status of staff.

I think it's been fairly noticeable from a players perspective that things have 'died down' staff side, at least from the initial boom of activity that came with the original 'revival'.

One of the things that irks me, is when you (as a player) notice these kind of things but feel left in the cold as to what's actually happening.

Are staff absent, lost interest, jaded, have RL things to handle, abandoned us..are just some of the things that come to mind. When they aren't confirmed, the thoughts tend to fester.

So thanks again, for giving some information. Don't need all the gritty details obviously, but just a heads up goes a long way. I think the vast majority of us have complete understanding and sympathy.

That said, more periodical updates would also be greatly appreciated. Even if there's not much to offer. Some basic stats (new accounts, new pcs, dead pcs)and a blurb as to activity (made a bunch of new objects, ten new rooms, ongoing plot) make for good information.
"Youse maggoty lout! Get'cher arse on da move an' quit youse yappin!"
Faroukel
Honored Dwarf

Re: Sage's Life Post (and status updates)

Postby Canawa » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:20 am

I agree and it is nice and refreshing to have an update. I hope everything goes okay for those who are out and extend my best wishes towards them.

That being said, I want to give a shout out to Vorondil (not saying Sage or others aren't working behind the scenes) but he is the one I've seen most active. Vorondil has been very helpful in his time in what I might assume has been alone.
Canawa
Dwarf Recruit

Re: Sage's Life Post (and status updates)

Postby Vorondil » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:27 pm

I already know I'm awesome.

But, yeah, a bunch of serious real life events happened to almost every single staff member in the same span of time. We are all committed to the game but some staff members need time to get their real life business in order.

As for an update, Sage and I are mostly fixing things (typos, broken crafts, broken objects), working on the Easterling ghetto, working out some solid policies for RPPs and their expenditure (as well as a few other points of policy), discussing RPP races (their cost and boosts), and terrorizing players in the woods.

I have pretty much no life, so if any players have ideas for plots they want to do or get staff support with, feel free to send in a ticket or message me directly (PM on the website, petition on the game, or PM on Discord). There was an odd sort of racing competition a few weeks ago which was fun for everyone and entirely a player's idea, so others shouldn't hesitate. Even silly ideas can be fun.
My heart feels like an alligator!
Vorondil
Roleplay Admin

Return to General Discussion

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login