It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:07 am
Change font size

General Discussion

Armoury

Discuss game issues here.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Re: Armoury

Postby Brian » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:28 pm

I'm optimistic about the potential of this system. I like the aesthetic of it, although I don't really want plate in the game outside of helmets I can live with it if it is there, and the progression. I'm wondering if it's going to be on the Atonement model when it comes to assigning statistics; are the ordinary and superior levels of armor going to be minimally different in terms of AC and more substantially different in terms of weight and durability, or is there going to be significant AC difference between them? It is, I think, a good feature to make it so that the armor that is available to the new players isn't total crap, so they can make it through the early process and not just get fed up because they died in their terrible equipment.

I also really like the idea of management of superior level gear through timers. If the clan armorsmith can't make anything for the majority of the clan because he's always burning his timer up on the superior level steel gear it does a couple things. First of all, I think it encourages a system where apprentices are used effectively to make the leather gear so he can concentrate on the steel. Then I think it also makes designation of certain people to menial repairs make sense as well. One thing I would like to see in the craft for repairing more major damage on armors, especially the superior level ones, is that failing the craft may further damage the armor. I'm still skeptical that things will break down at a steady enough rate to keep armor inflation low, so anywhere where you can realistically add a chance of that process happening is a good thing.

Also like the idea of modular, rag tag armor, but please, make torso armor cover the arms, no seperate sleeves! :P
Brian
Honored Elf

Postby Emilio » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:53 pm

I don't think we'll have separate sleeves besides torso armor would be worn over a gambeson or a hauberk.
Emilio
Honored Dwarf

Postby Letters » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:46 pm

I think the exact nature of brigandine could stand to be given a second look - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brigandine

It should be up there with lamellar, perhaps? I'm not keen on ringmail either, even if it is a staple of fantasy games, since it just wasn't really used in reality, that we know of.

Otherwise, I like the look of it all!
A skeletal, pig-tailed-haired male teen says,
"Prepare to meet your doom, loping man. It is I, loitering person, your nemesis."
Letters
Elf Recruit

Postby Emilio » Sat May 10, 2014 6:58 pm

How to make charcoal for starting fires.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM2KWJ1kAvA
Emilio
Honored Dwarf

Postby orihara » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:08 am

Wow those are some cool weapons out there I think the sword there is a broadsword right? What a cool armoury.
orihara

Postby Emilio » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:45 am

Thank you! :D
Emilio
Honored Dwarf

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login