It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:07 pm
Change font size

General Discussion

Races/Rpp issues

Discuss game issues here.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Races/Rpp issues

Postby MrDvAnt » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:48 am

People have mentioned frustration of old over certain races being much more powerful than others. I was never bothered by this, I just took it in stride because that's how it was supposed to be.

What -did- really annoy me was when I would start a role and be the first person in it. I'd spend a month or two building up skills, authority, connections and roleplaying and working to gather certain needed goods or materials and finally be getting somewhere and then someone with more rpp would create a character and just suddenly be there taking over everything I'd already done and they'd come along with a huge amount of the previously scarce goods/materials and make all my work count for nothing. To me, that's a lot more frustrating than a little racial superiority.
MrDvAnt
Honored Elf

Re: Races/Rpp issues

Postby Nimrod » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:43 am

Thanks for the feedback on this, Mr. D. V. Ant. :) We appreciate your candor. We'll definitely take this to heart in the future and work hard to set standards to try to keep this type of faux pas from happening again.
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Re: Races/Rpp issues

Postby BoogtehWoog » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:02 pm

That is not exactly canon. There was no massive power differential between Men, Elves, and Dwarves. And certainly not to the extent that existed codedly with SOI prior to its closure. The difference was immense, especially once 'Power' had been implemented. It wasn't just a little racial superiority. It was extreme.

That's not to say there was no divide. Elves and Dwarves were surely more capable than Men; however, there wasn't some vast gulf between them.
BoogtehWoog
Elf Recruit

Return to General Discussion

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login