It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:41 pm
Change font size

General Discussion

Soft Opening

Discuss game issues here.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Soft Opening

Postby Nimrod » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:44 pm

Since we've got so many people registering game accounts anyway, I may as well allow a soft opening and let you all in on the fun.

You can register your game account at:

http://www.middle-earth.us/generator/adduser.php

You can point your mud client to middle-earth.us port 4500.

Our official announcement will be tomorrow.

Currently the Guest Lounge is only a single room, but there's plenty to look at. You may get some admins hanging around and letting you all test some combat or playing with you with some echoes and such. Several of our builders are working on an expansion of the GL that will include some very fun stuff for you all to play around with.

Please keep in mind we're still working on help files, so those have some old files left. As far as other things that may have issues, please feel free to post those issues here, or if there's something sensitive that you find, you can PM me.
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Re: Soft Opening

Postby Evilone » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:44 am

I try to register and it says account already registered on this IP. From a 1:43AM attempt to read over things, it looks like our forum accounts, aren't linked to the game account, but I can't make a game account because of the above problem.

I haven't done anything previous to register, apart from setting up the forum account weeks ago.
Death is only the beginning.
Evilone
Verified Member

Postby Nimrod » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:07 pm

No. Forum accounts are NOT linked to game accounts. When a user tries to register an account, a lookup is done in the game database to see if the IP you are using has been used by another game account.

It's possible there might be a bit of an issue with this, it's new code, but fairly straight forward and I tested the heck out of it.

I'll go ahead and make you an account and send you the password, which you should change right away via the game.
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby Yoink » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:16 pm

Same thing's happening for me, I'm afraid. :cry:
Droll wrote:You know they are going to sic an ent on us right?
Forest fire prpt tonight. Bring torches.
Yoink
Dwarf Recruit

Return to General Discussion

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login