It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:20 pm
Change font size

General Discussion

Updates

Discuss game issues here.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Updates

Postby Matt » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:42 pm

So we really haven't gotten an update to where the progress is since I think Decemberish. How's everything going? Don't forget that you have a large resource of players that have a ton of experience, most people on the forums have done some sort of building in the past. Don't have to bring everyone on board but Descriptions, crafts, etc can be passed off to people to be submitted!
Matt
Ent Sapling

Re: Updates

Postby Dero » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:50 pm

There is a lot being done behind the scenes right now. I see work happening every day. I am planning on throwing together a Palantiri here soon with an update on where we are at. I'll see what else I can gather up.
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook!
Twitter: http://twitter.com/SIsildurRPG
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SIsildurRPG
Dero
Honored Dwarf

Postby Octavius » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:31 pm

Asking for input as things come up. Would love your input here.

Request: Combat How Tos

Or, any player input on the updates of SOI Past in the The Green Dragon Inn.

That's two major requests that have no submissions yet.
Octavius
Journeyman Architect

Postby Matt » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:06 pm

So... no updates?
Matt
Ent Sapling

Postby Nimrod » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:22 am

Matt wrote:So... no updates?

Dero said he was getting one ready. Watch for the newsletter, he should have a new issue out within a few days. But if you can't wait I'll give you an update on coding updates.

UPDATE: Crafts are working. There's been a major variable update that will allow for variables to pass from mobiles to objects. Ranged weapons have had a major update and are all currently working. We'll be tweaking some minor things with these over the next week or two. Skin code now passes variables and uses settings on corpse to load proper carcass and hides (this is a major change from how things were done in the past). Food and water are more important than ever, if your char doesn't eat starve affects will be applied. Food values have been revamped to reflect calorie values so our builders can more easily build food objects and set them accordingly. Also, if you're very large, you're going to have to eat more and likewise if you're very small you don't need to eat as much. All new skills have been added to code and are functional. Presence attribute was set in code. Added races. Added race creation staff interface. Fixed breathing (thanks Holmes). Updated load command. Updated unload command. Added manual command in crafts to set variable. Updated time. Updated weather (still needs some help). Updated calendar. Added new directions.

LOL! There's a ton more things, but I'm tired of typing. :)

We've got a really crack team of staffers right now. The atmosphere is completely positive and the excitement is palpable. We have builders logging on every single day and they are building some really great things.

I get impatient quite often that we're not opening for Alpha yet, but there are some things that just can't be slapped together without a plan and a lot of thought. The heavy-lifting is basically done, there is a plan and it's being executed as I write this.

The other major thing is the appointment of Dero as our Social Media Director. He's hit the ground running and has already started posting to Facebook and Twitter.
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby Brian » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:22 am

Yes, don't give in to the temptation to release before things are in a highly playable state. I mean, we've been waiting this long, nobody is going to be thrown off by waiting a few more weeks/months. I think it's way more important to open with something that will wow and impress the RPI starved crowd than to open with something full of holes that will disappoint and not have people come back.
Brian
Honored Elf

Postby Hawkwind » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:40 am

Brian wrote:Yes, don't give in to the temptation to release before things are in a highly playable state. I mean, we've been waiting this long, nobody is going to be thrown off by waiting a few more weeks/months. I think it's way more important to open with something that will wow and impress the RPI starved crowd than to open with something full of holes that will disappoint and not have people come back.

Second this, we can wait.
JESUS CHRIST, THE HELIUM!
PS4 Handle - Roadhawkes
Tags Taken: Eru I, Mavinero I.
Hawkwind
Honored Elf

Postby macaelum » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:14 pm

Hawkwind wrote:
Brian wrote:Yes, don't give in to the temptation to release before things are in a highly playable state. I mean, we've been waiting this long, nobody is going to be thrown off by waiting a few more weeks/months. I think it's way more important to open with something that will wow and impress the RPI starved crowd than to open with something full of holes that will disappoint and not have people come back.

Second this, we can wait.

And third.
macaelum
Verified Member

Postby CBT » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:46 pm

Happy to wait. Sounds like everything is running smoothly though.
CBT
Verified Member

Postby Zargen » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:39 pm

I wish there was an arena to smash other players in though while i wait.
Zargen
Honored Dwarf

Postby Octavius » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:23 am

I wish there was an arena to smash other players in though while i wait.

There is. The PvP arena room has existed since the Guest Lounge opened. This is why your guest avatars all randomly-load with different levels of weapon skills, too. Go East into the Heroes Rest, then use the prog to through the portal in the north wall.

There's a group combat area where I'll be testing some of the mob AI ideas as well, which is pending. It will open soon and I'll post an announcement when it does, as I'll be looking for player feedback on those aspects.
Octavius
Journeyman Architect

Postby Icarus » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:58 pm

Update:
The gameworld is mostly built.
Mobiles are mostly built.
Variables have been mostly settled on.
Objects have not been built.
Crafting has not been built.
The game doesn't crash much.
[Petition: Player] I am ready to begin my interdimensional adventure.

A mutilated little orc murmurs, nodding as he mutters,
"I fought good today. Yuh. Fought good, 'specially for bein' the kitchen-snaga. Yuh, I did."
Icarus
Staffer Emeritus

Postby Nimrod » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:23 pm

Icarus wrote:The game doesn't crash much.

It only crashes when people do dumb things. :D
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby cfelch » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:02 am

So you say it will crash a lot.
Every point ever made was an argument.
cfelch
Elf Recruit

Postby Emilio » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:11 pm

Like cooking? :lol:
Emilio
Honored Dwarf

Postby Yoink » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:17 pm

There's a PVP room? Ooh.
If only I could remember the password I made for my actual login... you'd think I would have just used the same one as my forum account, but no. :oops:

Excited to see updates, anyway!
I'll just, uh, agree with all these more patient people that you totally don't need to rush and should take your time and that we aren't about to go mad from waiting. Yep. Totally not.
Droll wrote:You know they are going to sic an ent on us right?
Forest fire prpt tonight. Bring torches.
Yoink
Dwarf Recruit

Postby alexjones » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:57 am

I can understand you not releasing the game yet, it's not ready til it's ready, but can you give us some kind of ETA on when we can expect to see it, there any chance it'll be out this year?
alexjones
Verified Member

Postby Nimrod » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:52 pm

alexjones wrote:I can understand you not releasing the game yet, it's not ready til it's ready, but can you give us some kind of ETA on when we can expect to see it, there any chance it'll be out this year?

Alpha will definitely be this year.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby Dero » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:16 am

Hey guys, I will be posting the Newsletter here shortly and will be getting more and more info for you all.
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook!
Twitter: http://twitter.com/SIsildurRPG
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SIsildurRPG
Dero
Honored Dwarf

Return to General Discussion

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login