It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:11 pm
Change font size

Staff Announcements

SET STATUS

Game related announcements from the staff, including RPTs, general plot information, etc...

Moderator: Elder Staff

SET STATUS

Postby Nimrod » Tue May 20, 2014 11:45 am

Stalinbulldog has stepped up to help out with code. His first project was to add the new status message that we discussed earlier. I'm happy to say that this is up and running. You should be able to use it as a guest as well.

The syntax is: set status <message>

set status alone will return the current status message you have set.

Message length is up to 20 characters and will trim off any extra characters without warning.

This feature is not a way for players to fly under the radar. Setting your message to 'dnd' (Do Not Disturb) does not mean that staff will ignore you or inject some needed echoes for a situation. In fact, it may draw more attention from staff just checking on your character to make sure everything is okay.

The intent of this feature is to communicate with staff in an ooc manner and we encourage players to use it as an alternative to petitions when you are not in dire need of assistance. Some examples of status messages that we would encourage are:

"dnd" - Do Not Disturb. This may be used when crafting or involved in some intense roleplay where you may not want to be disturbed by minor animations that may interrupt the play. It does not guarantee that a staffer may not inject some needed echoes or required animation.

"hmwybs" - Hit Me With Your Best Shot. May be used at any time and indicates your willingness to be involved in any minor plot or animation that staff may create. [Warning - This status may lead to the death of your character in certain situations. Use caution when using.]

"Need Help" - A general call for assistance. You're not in a rush and are happy to wait a bit to get what you need. Staff will generally try to wait for you to be away from roleplay before they interrupt to find out what you may need. More detail with this status is always good. i.e. "Need Key", "Need healer", etc...

"Animation Needed" - If you need an animation, we always encourage you to petition, but there are many times when staff may be tied up for a bit and your petition may fall through the cracks. Setting your status message this way will draw the attention of a staffer more quickly when we are free. Response to this type of status will normally be completely in-character, no response via send or petition will be made by staff in most cases.

"URGENT HELP" - This should only be used for emergencies. In fact, an all-caps message should only be used for high-importance requests.

Maturity is the word of the day when it comes to using this command. Staff will see your status every time they use the 'WHERE' command, which is the most used command. Staffers normally use the where command anywhere from every five minutes to 4 or 5 times an hour, so your message will be seen.
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Re: SET STATUS

Postby Icarus » Tue May 20, 2014 4:50 pm

Icarus is pleased.
[Petition: Player] I am ready to begin my interdimensional adventure.

A mutilated little orc murmurs, nodding as he mutters,
"I fought good today. Yuh. Fought good, 'specially for bein' the kitchen-snaga. Yuh, I did."
Icarus
Staffer Emeritus

Re: SET STATUS

Postby Nimrod » Wed May 21, 2014 4:20 am

It was pointed out to me that I was not clear on who could see these status messages. Sorry.

Only staff members will be able to see status messages. Not all players. (of course you will be able to check what yours is).

Nim
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Return to Staff Announcements

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login