It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:44 am
Change font size

General Discussion

Orc board

Discuss game issues here.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Orc board

Postby Matt » Tue May 27, 2014 1:35 pm

Would it be possible to get an orc specific board? Some of us have been working on some background stuff and it'd be nice to be able to organize it somewhere permanently.
Matt
Ent Sapling

Re: Orc board

Postby hobbitboots » Tue May 27, 2014 1:45 pm

What about the wiki?

I had a similar thought earlier about human backgrounds. I went over to the wiki, and it looks pretty sparse to say the least. I'm guessing that some work is going to be done on it soon, and then it might be a good place for this sort of stuff?
hobbitboots
Dwarf Recruit

Postby Matt » Tue May 27, 2014 2:02 pm

Yea, I guess. I'm a bigger fan of using boards myself. So preferably we could do both.
Matt
Ent Sapling

Postby Nimrod » Tue May 27, 2014 3:50 pm

What do you want to use this board for specifically, Matt? There's nothing stopping you from creating an orc thread here in general discussion if you want to do it. If we determine that a dedicated orc thread is important, then we can move the thread there.

We really want to avoid bloat, so every forum we create is going to be critically scrutinized for need before we create it.

What are everyone's thoughts on a section of the wiki dedicated to 'characters', 'important npcs' and 'players' where you could submit a short blurb about yourself or the character to be posted for all to see?
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby Icarus » Tue May 27, 2014 3:51 pm

I like those ideas, Nim.
[Petition: Player] I am ready to begin my interdimensional adventure.

A mutilated little orc murmurs, nodding as he mutters,
"I fought good today. Yuh. Fought good, 'specially for bein' the kitchen-snaga. Yuh, I did."
Icarus
Staffer Emeritus

Postby Matt » Tue May 27, 2014 4:07 pm

Well there's at least 2-3 orc groups rolling into the game that I know of. So what I'd like to do for my own little 'tribe' is to put all the rituals/cultural stuff I have currently written into a thread so people know a bit of the background and can discuss if they want. Some of these tribes people are making will survive and probably be around awhile so it's really for easy to find and change documentation.
Matt
Ent Sapling

Postby toofast » Tue May 27, 2014 4:56 pm

I'm for important npcs or PC leaders being detailed in the wiki, Nimrod, but separate blurbs for individual characters or players makes me gag at the thought. Way too Haven-esque and 'house'. Definitely the character part. Just unneeded and lacking in any real benefit.

I really doubt that Matt was suggesting an orc board filled with threads about the PC orcs and their backgrounds and introduction threads. Clan listings, clan lore, race lore, RPT-scheduling, etc etc

I'd prefer that it be private for orc players too
toofast
Elf Recruit

Postby Tiamat » Tue May 27, 2014 5:32 pm

There will definitely be work done on the wiki soon. I just caught a nasty bug after traveling around on the long weekend, which is preventing me from doing anything too involved. I think I'll start a separate thread to get some opinions on whether people think a PC "wiki" would be a good addition to the game.
Tiamat
Honored Elf

Return to General Discussion

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login