It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:54 pm
Change font size

General Discussion

Progress!!

Discuss game issues here.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Re: Progress!!

Postby Tiamat » Mon May 26, 2014 9:40 am

The game will open when it's ready. Besides, it's not like you've paid any money to play this game. In the long run, no volunteer-run MUD has ever suffered from delaying opening, but the opposite is true. Atonement BETA probably would've been way better if we delayed the opening another month (and actually got a proper wilderness, instead of some hackneyed and dull plains). There was so much hype and pressure to open, however, that we decided to say "to the hell with it" and open it early. There's also a lot of background logistics that needs to be done before a game is open, and even if the game was "ready" to release, admins still need to prepare to tackle the inevitable rush of players, all the daily upkeep required, and other technical stuff like the website.
Tiamat
Honored Elf

Postby hobbitboots » Mon May 26, 2014 10:36 am

Today I notice a big empty, unselectable box between race and name on my character overview. I don't remember seeing that before.

Maybe it is related to the 0 RPP role announcements this morning?
hobbitboots
Dwarf Recruit

Postby Yoink » Mon May 26, 2014 11:55 am

Erm, it's been a while since I've signed into my game account and I cannot remember the password. How would I go about resetting that, again?
Sorry for the off-topicness, but I figure I should really get such things worked out before, well, the game opens! :oops:
Droll wrote:You know they are going to sic an ent on us right?
Forest fire prpt tonight. Bring torches.
Yoink
Dwarf Recruit

Postby Nimrod » Mon May 26, 2014 7:27 pm

Red wrote:Just finalized my background and went to coninute, struggling to find submit button!

:D

If the submit button is not at the bottom of the page (under the background), you've forgotten to select something or set something. Double check race, age and all that. Also, the background must be at least 20 characters. I know, I know, I should warn you, but any background at all should add up to a few hundred characters without any trouble.

Drop me a PM if you continue to have issues.
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby Nimrod » Mon May 26, 2014 7:29 pm

hobbitboots wrote:Today I notice a big empty, unselectable box between race and name on my character overview. I don't remember seeing that before.

Maybe it is related to the 0 RPP role announcements this morning?

This is a textbox meant to display a comment from staff when your character has been rejected. It's not supposed to show up if there is no comment. Imma put that on my list.

Thank you.
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby Nimrod » Mon May 26, 2014 7:30 pm

Yoink wrote:Erm, it's been a while since I've signed into my game account and I cannot remember the password. How would I go about resetting that, again?
Sorry for the off-topicness, but I figure I should really get such things worked out before, well, the game opens! :oops:

I have held off on a 'reset password' function in favor of actual chargen stuff. If you still can't log in, please drop me a PM with your game account information and I can reset it for you.

Nim
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby Red » Mon May 26, 2014 8:15 pm

Nimrod wrote:
Red wrote:Just finalized my background and went to coninute, struggling to find submit button!

:D

If the submit button is not at the bottom of the page (under the background), you've forgotten to select something or set something. Double check race, age and all that. Also, the background must be at least 20 characters. I know, I know, I should warn you, but any background at all should add up to a few hundred characters without any trouble.

Drop me a PM if you continue to have issues.

Thanks Nimrod, it appears I didn't select enough skills.
Red
Forum Hobbit

Postby Nimrod » Mon May 26, 2014 10:22 pm

Did a test on chargen approval this evening and it went really well. The character got in-game with no problem. I do have a minor bug in the skill settings, but other than that it's ready to roll. I'll be doing some testing over the next few days. Watch your emails for information on your characters, we'll be doing the declining to begin with and then start on approvals. You won't be able to commence until we flip the switch in-game, but there will be some approvals going out in the next few days.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby Matt » Mon May 26, 2014 10:32 pm

My skills have dropped from my application a couple times.
Matt
Ent Sapling

Postby soiacc » Tue May 27, 2014 11:22 am

I can't set an age in chargen, the drop down menu is blank. I've tried on two different names. I submitted one, but then wanted to go back and change a few things so I deleted that application and restarted it, but then the issue with the age popped up.
soiacc
Honored Dwarf

Postby Nimrod » Tue May 27, 2014 3:55 pm

soiacc wrote:I can't set an age in chargen, the drop down menu is blank. I've tried on two different names. I submitted one, but then wanted to go back and change a few things so I deleted that application and restarted it, but then the issue with the age popped up.

Make sure you have an actual race selected on the overview page. If you don't, then you can't select an age. If you have further issues, please drop me a PM with all the details.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby Nimrod » Tue May 27, 2014 3:57 pm

Matt wrote:My skills have dropped from my application a couple times.

Hmmm... this is very strange. I'm currently having an issue with skills on character approval, but have never had any with the actual creation portion of it.

If you can duplicate this problem, please send me the steps to duplicate and I'll dig into it.

Thanks.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby Matt » Tue May 27, 2014 4:05 pm

I think it's just time because I've double checked my application a time or two before both instances and they were on there. Then I go in to copy/paste what I have before rewriting it and the skills are gone.
Matt
Ent Sapling

Postby Jeshin » Wed May 28, 2014 12:19 pm

How does one delete a submitted App? Can you do it through the MUD client or does it have to be via the web client or send a PM?
Jeshin
Elf Recruit

Postby Nimrod » Wed May 28, 2014 2:00 pm

Jeshin wrote:How does one delete a submitted App? Can you do it through the MUD client or does it have to be via the web client or send a PM?

You cannot. It must be declined by staff.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby Tiamat » Wed May 28, 2014 5:20 pm

You can delete a submitted app by logging into the game and selecting to delete a submitted character. Please save everything about your character before doing this, because you'll have to redo your character.

EDIT: DON'T DO THIS. The RPI+ Engine gods will be angry.
Last edited by Tiamat on Wed May 28, 2014 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiamat
Honored Elf

Postby Nimrod » Wed May 28, 2014 8:13 pm

Tiamat wrote:You can delete a submitted app by logging into the game and selecting to delete a submitted character. Please save everything about your character before doing this, because you'll have to redo your character.

Once again... please don't do this. :/
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby Tiamat » Wed May 28, 2014 9:14 pm

Oh. My bad. You must've said it somewhere and I didn't see it. Please listen to Nimrod then so you keep the RPI+ Engine gods happy.
Tiamat
Honored Elf

Postby Nimrod » Thu May 29, 2014 9:49 pm

I'm doing some testing tonight on character approval. If you happen to get an approval email, don't bother logging on yet, you'll just get stuck in a pre-commencement room and irritate Krelm. For those of you that I decline, please feel free to make changes and re-submit at your leisure.

FYI - We have five or six applications that have no skills for some reason. This may have been caused by a bug that existed for a few days. I'll be declining these and asking you to pick new skills. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login