It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:57 am
Change font size

General Discussion

Pre-Game Bugs

Discuss game issues here.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Pre-Game Bugs

Postby krelm » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:56 pm

This is for you folks to tell me about bugs when you go through pre-game, since I can't watch everyone do it 100% of the time.
One among the fence.
krelm
Calce Ferio asini Operarius

Re: Pre-Game Bugs

Postby Mithrandur » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:21 pm

Right, getting this out of the way-

Current bugs found:

Stat bug. Stats being given preference over others conflicting what was your actual preference in the generator.

Ex. a stat marked 'most important' showing as average, while two stats that were 'moderately unimportant' are at "good"

(possible) Skill bug- even when selecting a small number of skills in chargen, they all start at ridiculously low levels. For craftsmen who specialize in their trade and nothing else to start as novices really doesn't make sense when given Octavius' breakdown of skill-picks in the other forum.

Coins- It seems the silver coins given when foregoing weapons/armor at chargen do not stack when placed in the sack together, (they will if you purchase something, but not beforehand which strikes me as odd. Not a big issue though might be worth looking at when things are less pressing perhaps).
Mithrandur
Honored Dwarf

Postby krelm » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:23 pm

Coins- It seems the silver coins given when foregoing weapons/armor at chargen do not stack when placed in the sack together, (they will if you purchase something, but not beforehand which strikes me as odd. Not a big issue though might be worth looking at when things are less pressing perhaps).

This is just how they're loaded. There's no real way to stack them until you buy something.
One among the fence.
krelm

Postby Mithrandur » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:34 pm

krelm wrote:

This is just how they're loaded. There's no real way to stack them until you buy something.

So once in the game proper this won't be an issue? As I imagine it'd get pretty frustrating to have dozens of stacks of similar coins with the only fix being to buy something cheap to stack them all back up.
Mithrandur
Honored Dwarf

Postby krelm » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:37 pm

Not unless you spam 'get 1 coin pack;put coin pack,' but even then it should automatically stack, probably.
One among the fence.
krelm

Postby Mithrandur » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:00 am

krelm wrote:Not unless you spam 'get 1 coin pack;put coin pack,' but even then it should automatically stack, probably.

Tested again with random coins. No coin stacking unless you buy something at all so there goes that.
Mithrandur
Honored Dwarf

Postby krelm » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:32 am

Mithrandur wrote:
krelm wrote:Not unless you spam 'get 1 coin pack;put coin pack,' but even then it should automatically stack, probably.

Tested again with random coins. No coin stacking unless you buy something at all so there goes that.

So, don't spam 'get 1 coin pack;put coin pack,' and that should solve most coin problems.
One among the fence.
krelm

Postby Throttle » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:17 am

Nimrod said the low skills are intended, they've lowered the starting levels across the board.

Seems chargen doesn't format the description and background. They come out taking up the whole width of the screen.
You notice a gigantic orb spider with raw-umber patterning's attention shift toward you!
You notice a giant orb spider with night patterning's attention shift toward you!
You notice a rugged orb spider with sepia patterning's attention shift toward you!
Throttle
Honored Elf

Postby Letters » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:52 am

With all skills lower, is the gap between skills still the same as before? Previously, I think 4 skills got you a starting point of 41, 5 gave you 36, 6 31, 7 26, and 8 21. I imagine it would look like 31, 26, 21, 16 and 11 now?
A skeletal, pig-tailed-haired male teen says,
"Prepare to meet your doom, loping man. It is I, loitering person, your nemesis."
Letters
Elf Recruit

Postby Throttle » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:03 am

It was actually 40, 36, 30, 26, 20 on A/PRPI. I'm not sure why it wasn't evenly spread, but there ya go. I asked him if the categories are still the same and I think he confirmed that they are, it's just the starting levels that were lowered.

Also, while perhaps more of a general bug than a chargen bug, it seems you can't put a container into another container of the same type. I encountered this during outfitting as you get one sack with your basic stuff and another with your profession package, and it doesn't recognize 'put sack 2.sack' in any way.
You notice a gigantic orb spider with raw-umber patterning's attention shift toward you!
You notice a giant orb spider with night patterning's attention shift toward you!
You notice a rugged orb spider with sepia patterning's attention shift toward you!
Throttle
Honored Elf

Postby Letters » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:37 am

That's interesting. Always thought it was increments of 5.

That would mean that starting total points would have been:

160 at 4
180 at 5
180 at 6
182 at 7
160 at 8

See an issue there? I do, considering that it is easier to increase an existing skill than it is to learn a brand new skill, scavenge/forage notwithstanding. I do think it would make an awful lot more sense for 4 skills to give the most total starting points, and 8 the least. If the new set-up brings it closer to such a state, great.

The bug with not being able to target 2.sack or whatever properly has been there since forever. You can only do it if there are at least two sacks in the room, as well as the sack in your inventory, at which case the second sack in the room is a legitimate target. It would be much better if it recognised the sack in your inventory as 1., then the first one in the room as 2., and so on.
A skeletal, pig-tailed-haired male teen says,
"Prepare to meet your doom, loping man. It is I, loitering person, your nemesis."
Letters
Elf Recruit

Postby Throttle » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:52 am

I don't know what Kithrater's intent was at the time. The starting skills seem to be slightly randomized here, though.
Throttle
Honored Elf

Postby Hazgarn » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:29 am

If you have two of "a simple nettlecloth sack" there doesn't seem to be any way to target the second sack without dropping the other one on the ground (2. commands don't work). Forces quite a bit of awkward juggling that could probably be very frustrating to newbie players.
SOI Mirkwood Map
SOI Wilderlands Map

I am also a Guide. Feel free to contact me through AIM or PM with questions about the game.
Hazgarn
Cartographer

Postby Icarus » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:58 am

I wonder if we tossed a random color variable on them if that would resolve the issue...
[Petition: Player] I am ready to begin my interdimensional adventure.

A mutilated little orc murmurs, nodding as he mutters,
"I fought good today. Yuh. Fought good, 'specially for bein' the kitchen-snaga. Yuh, I did."
Icarus
Staffer Emeritus

Postby Throttle » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:04 am

It would. Well, unless you're unlucky and get two of the same colour!

Possible bug: the presence stat isn't shown in score.
Throttle
Honored Elf

Postby krelm » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:11 am

Throttle wrote:It would. Well, unless you're unlucky and get two of the same colour!

Possible bug: the presence stat isn't shown in score.

I talked to Nimrod about this just last night. You also can't target it with roll, or upgrade.

I'll add a color variable to the sack.
One among the fence.
krelm

Postby Nimrod » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:46 pm

Skills have been tweaked slightly, as have been stats. There are a few of you that got the pool bonus on some skills twice via a typo of mine. We will be slowly working through skills and bump up as needed.

I'm aware of the formatting issue. It's low on my list but will eventually be fixed. It doesn't hinder play at all. If your char desc is not formatted correctly, feel free to open a support ticket to have someone re-format it. It only takes a few seconds and can be done when you're off line.
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby Throttle » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:54 pm

Was the Aim skill discontinued? You don't seem to begin with it, but it used to be what governed the use of throwing weapons in addition to its interaction with firearms. I notice that we do get it on guest lounge chars, though. If it is still a skill, there's a bug preventing it from being given to new PCs (or at least mine).
Throttle
Honored Elf

Postby RiderOnTheStorm » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:32 pm

Not necessarily a "bug", but female characters appear to receive a shift and overdress and traveling cloak for clothes. (Along with belt/shoes/whatever.)

The shift is flagged for body/underwear. The traveling cloak has a few spots, and the overdress is flagged with just 'about' as an eq slot.

Then in the armor room, the cloak option gives you a second cloak, which just has 'about' as the wear spot.

The dress needs a 'chest' or whatever flag, I think. Or the armor cloak needs a 'back' slot or something.

I currently can wear my shift (which I don't think is really outerwear for outside) and 2 cloaks (one of which is the traveling cloak that has 3 separate wearlocs, and the other is the armor cloak), or if I want to wear the dress, I have to skip wearing the armor cloak.

<****** / ^^^^^^ / ||||||> It is a russet-brown sleeveless traveling overdress

You recognise that you could wear this item in the following locations:
About

You would guess that this item weighs less than a pound.

<****** / ^^^^^^ / ||||||> It is a thick, pale leather cloak

About

You would guess that this item weighs about 3 pounds.

Also, is it intended to carry over the underwear slots from Parallel?

<****** / ^^^^^^ / ||||||> It is a russet-brown woolen traveling cloak

About
Overwear
Back

<****** / ^^^^^^ / ||||||> <****** / ^^^^^^ / ||||||> It is an undyed nettlecloth traveling shift

Body
Underwear

Overwear is the 'around chest'/bra slot, and 'underwear' is the 'about hips'/underwear slot.
RiderOnTheStorm
Elf Recruit

Postby Taurgalas » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:46 pm

Added a few additional slots to the additional cloak and the overdress, so you can better mix it up. :D
[Petition:***] Why is there a pretty pink pony with doe eyes and a party-balloon cutie mark in the group?

*** orc player name edited out for his/her own protection.
Taurgalas
Master Ent

Postby Nimrod » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:38 pm

*snicker* Underthings... on SoI.
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby krelm » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:45 pm

Throttle wrote:Was the Aim skill discontinued? You don't seem to begin with it, but it used to be what governed the use of throwing weapons in addition to its interaction with firearms. I notice that we do get it on guest lounge chars, though. If it is still a skill, there's a bug preventing it from being given to new PCs (or at least mine).

This was actually a mistake on Nimrod's part (the lazy jerk). If you don't have the aim skill, pet up about it.
One among the fence.
krelm

Postby hobbitboots » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:44 am

Underthings... on SoI!

MAXIMUM SIMULATION. :geek:

Next please code pooping.
hobbitboots
Dwarf Recruit

Postby Mithrandur » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:06 am

Not sure if this is intended or not (I'm pretty sure it isn't though) But I seem to have found myself in the commencement room completely void of any and all articles of clothing and items..
Mithrandur
Honored Dwarf

Postby Hazgarn » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:09 am

You show up in the first commencement room naked, you use "commence" to proceed to through a series of following rooms where you are provided with a series steps to make choices for your character (one of which gets you your clothes).
SOI Mirkwood Map
SOI Wilderlands Map

I am also a Guide. Feel free to contact me through AIM or PM with questions about the game.
Hazgarn
Cartographer

Next

Return to General Discussion

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login