It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:58 am
Change font size

Staff Queries

Support ticket correspondence

Official answers to official questions. Pose your questions for staff here. Careful! You cannot edit or delete your posts once you've asked your question!

Moderator: Elder Staff

Support ticket correspondence

Postby kestrel » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:35 pm

One thing I've found is that my support tickets don't come with associated ID numbers, so I can't check their status. I also have no way to reply to staff when they do address a given support ticket. I'm probably just doing something dumb or missing something obvious, but - is there a preferred means of having an ongoing dialogue within the scope of a ticket? Or even a way of me being able to automatically mark a ticket as resolved without having to bug staff about it?
kestrel
Honored Dwarf

Re: Support ticket correspondence

Postby Nimrod » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:22 pm

I will check this right now. Thank you.
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Re: Support ticket correspondence

Postby Nimrod » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:47 pm

Okay... somehow the email confirmation on a new ticket got turned off. There's a link in that email that allows you to check the status of the ticket.

Subsequent communication is then emailed to you through the system, but there's not a link in each email to go to the status again. I may put this on my list of things to do to add so you don't have to dig up the original email for the link.

It would be really nice for us to be able to accept responses back via email, but we cannot enable the php imap extension at this point in time without a bunch of screwing around. This also may get worked on in the future if we decide to keep the system.

So far it's working very well for me. I like having a quick history of things that I can lookup if I need to and it helps us avoid collisions in the support process. i.e. Someone sends the same help request via PM to several staffers and we spend time working on something that was already done. I really get grumpy when I spend time on something like this only to find someone else has taken care of it.

I'm not sure if you can close the ticket or not. I'd prefer not, just so we can stay up to date on everything on our end. You can add comments after you open a request, so just point out that it's no longer needed and may be closed if that's the case.
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Return to Staff Queries

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login