It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:01 pm
Change font size

Staff Announcements

A huge thank you!

Game related announcements from the staff, including RPTs, general plot information, etc...

Moderator: Elder Staff

A huge thank you!

Postby Nimrod » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:10 pm

For the awesome work they've done to bring this game back to life... all of these folks are directly responsible for a TON of work. I love you all!

Taurgalas - The crafting genius of SoI and RPA.
Pallando - The tireless builder and Orkish RPA
Krelm - A builder.
Octavius - An amazing talent who pushed us all along.
Khamul - Takes an arrow like no other.
Olthadir - A gem of a builder.
Nauriel - A preggo admin.
Holmes - An awesome RPA.
Tiamat - An amazing wiki moogle.
StalinBulldog - A great guy and coder.

I wish you were all here with me right now so I could give you each a big hug.

We owe you all so much for your selfless work and the amazing contributions you've made to the game. You all rock!
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Re: A huge thank you!

Postby Icarus » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:13 pm

You all are truly exceptional. Without you, we wouldn't be here.

Thank you!
[Petition: Player] I am ready to begin my interdimensional adventure.

A mutilated little orc murmurs, nodding as he mutters,
"I fought good today. Yuh. Fought good, 'specially for bein' the kitchen-snaga. Yuh, I did."
Icarus
Staffer Emeritus

Postby Holmes » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:45 pm

If anyone deserves to do a bit of self-congratulation, it's Nimrod, and yet he didn't even include his name in the list. You guys would currently be playing in a world filled with elves and assault rifles if it weren't for his endless work.

And, of course, Icarus doesn't deserve to be on the list, because he doesn't do work. He just kind of transmutes things into existence through some magic force of will. Considering how responsible that transmuting willpower was for my own MUD, it's pretty great to see him manage it again. And even better, this time.
Holmes
Elf Recruit

Postby Icarus » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:15 pm

Yah, I had originally asked Nim to just make it so that bows worked. And then he went and did all this stuff that made the game work. It was nearly 6 months before he got to the bows.

Moral of the story? Ask a coder to do something they hate. They will code /everything/ but that thing before they have nothing else left, and then do that thing. And that's how you get a game.

(Thanks for bringing my favorite mud back to life, Nim. You're a fantastic friend, and I wouldn't want to be doing this with anyone else.

Frigga, you stuck with SOI through thick and thin. Without you, the thread would have been lost.

Taurgalas, my god how you've grown as an RPA and Admin since I hired you years ago.

Meneldor, you stuck beside Frigga and kept her going. You da real MVP. Always the rock of SOI.

Holmes... I still remember you giving me that first tour of Amdir. Thanks for keeping me in Mudding. Running games with you is what keeps me in this.

Pallando, you've grown as an admin and RPA every day. I look forward to see where you go. You /will/ learn to craft.

Krelm, you've built most of every game I've run. Thanks for that, really couldn't have done it without you.

Octavius, you're inability to explain a concept in less than a thousand words was incredibly frustrating. You're tenacity and hard word, and singular dedication to making these games has been critical though. You kept on pushing, and it forced us to step up.

Khamul, you are a testing God.

Olthadir, you keep on chugging mate! I look forward to continuing to work with you.

Tiamat, you're a constant muse and friend.

Stalin, I hear great things constantly.

Kite... You told me to be a tyrant. Best words of advice I've ever gotten.

To all you imms from the past who I've worked with... I remember you all, and cherished our time together. It's been a pleasure, it is a pleasure, and it'll continue to be one working with you all.

To you players... I haven't had a character for so many years. I live through you. Play well. Don't be jerks to each other. Die good deaths.

We've brought SOI back to life. Cheers.
[Petition: Player] I am ready to begin my interdimensional adventure.

A mutilated little orc murmurs, nodding as he mutters,
"I fought good today. Yuh. Fought good, 'specially for bein' the kitchen-snaga. Yuh, I did."
Icarus
Staffer Emeritus

Return to Staff Announcements

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login