It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:20 pm
Change font size
Forum Home Public Crafts

Crafts

storage and shops

Suggest crafts, talk about existing crafts, debate the finer points of your craftiness.

Moderator: Elder Staff

storage and shops

Postby WildGiller » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:31 am

I would propose that woodcrafters get the ability to fashion some kind of small, simple bin/basket/box/hamper craft from the start that could branch into larger bins.

This is largely in part because holy crap items spewing out of everywhere, it's very hard to sort them and lumberjacking produces buttloads of planks and blocks.

Textile workers could probably also get some kind of 'weaving' craft to weave rods or reeds or something into baskets?

And just to confirm, NPC shops will be able to 'buy' things from PC's right? I remember with PRPI the lack of an NPC economy made crafting a rather sad state of affairs, with goods piling up and not one person needing to buy anything but raw materials so they could work on their own crafting.
WildGiller
Honored Dwarf

Re: storage and shops

Postby Taurgalas » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:14 pm

There are crafts for chests and bins. You just have to get them. :D Baskets are coming at some point.
[Petition:***] Why is there a pretty pink pony with doe eyes and a party-balloon cutie mark in the group?

*** orc player name edited out for his/her own protection.
Taurgalas
Master Ent

Postby WorkerDrone » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:17 pm

WildGiller wrote:And just to confirm, NPC shops will be able to 'buy' things from PC's right? I remember with PRPI the lack of an NPC economy made crafting a rather sad state of affairs, with goods piling up and not one person needing to buy anything but raw materials so they could work on their own crafting.

I don't think there's going to be an onsite NPC market where players just sell infinite berries and reap in infinite cash.

But I think admins mentioned something about staff assisted, completely IC and RPed out shipping, where you manufacture goods and then you sail them up river to economic centers to be sold in exchange for needed goods, raw materials and coin.

If that wasn't the idea, it should be, instead of players being handed their rewards the second they type "sell object". It also allows these shipments to be raided... :twisted:
I hope you die right now, will you drink my chemical?

Brian wrote:See, the thing that I admire about WorkerDrone is that he's an optimist!

:lol:
WorkerDrone
Guide

Postby WildGiller » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:51 pm

Yeah I don't like the spam shop selling either.. but there for def needs to be a way to ICly obtain pay for your work.

Also.. I clearly need to branch more crafts >.>
WildGiller
Honored Dwarf

Postby Erythil » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:19 pm

In a related question, is there any plan for PC-owned storefronts, or do you want the settlement to be a barter economy?
Erythil
Dwarf Recruit

Postby soiacc » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:07 am

I think that there -should- be an npc shopkeep who buys things. I think if you do the ic work to hunt/build/sew the items, you should have some place to sell them. Especially when you're playing something like a crafter. It makes no sense to make us make so many low end items without having a place to unload them. It's like all those padded armor items in Atonement. Hardly anyone used them and they just took up space. People may say whatever they like, but sometimes playabilty trumps realism.
There is no other way to branch our crafts than to make things and some items are easy to sell to pcs, usually weapons/armor/clothing. Some others are occasionally bought, like cups/furniture/tools and then some things just get put into a shelf/bin and end up getting junked for space after someone notices there are like fifty and noone ever uses/asks for them. Like those old cheap gun parts/knife blades/padded armor pieces in Atonement. Also, I think the occasional merchant river boat visit would make sense for the Lodge, since they seem to run the majority of all business in town, but what merchant is going to buy from an independent when they likely all have deals with the Lodge? An independent shopkeeper who buys a limited amount of things from each player who isn't clanned to the Lodge, maybe have an independent clanning just to enter into the shop through a guarded door or something.
soiacc
Honored Dwarf

Postby Songweaver » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:46 am

At the very least, the auction house code could be useful in setting up a PC-controlled free market.

That said, I don't actually mind a trade-based economy, which is sort of what exists now, so long as all of the little odds and ends necessary for crafts are craftable themselves and not unavailable due to a lack of shops.
Songweaver
Ent Sapling

Return to Crafts

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login