It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:38 pm
Change font size

General Discussion

Playing Physical Stats

Discuss game issues here.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Playing Physical Stats

Postby Kitzilla » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:39 pm

So, IRL, I'm a little short thing and I have a major Napoleon complex. So I play tall characters.

So here's my question: my female PC is codedly 6'4", and I can only assume she's towering over most of the other residents of Utterby. Would it be appropriate to play her a more realistic height for a tall female (maybe 5'10") or is it better game etiquette to stick to code and play her like the towering beanpole she is?

If your stats come out to be something outside the realm of what we would consider realistic, is it appropriate to play yourself closer to the average for your race and gender, or is it best to stick to code to portray the random effects of genetic roulette?
Kitzilla
Verified Member

Re: Playing Physical Stats

Postby BoogtehWoog » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:48 pm

If this is like old SOI, then your physical statistics can vary wildly from the way you actually conceived the character. In that case, I think you should roleplay it as you wish. If you want your character to be 6'4" (as long as it is within reason for that race), do it.

Edit: Personally, I play games and roleplay so I can escape reality. I fully believe you should be able to play the character as you see fit as long as it conforms to the nature of the game.
BoogtehWoog
Elf Recruit

Postby Onasaki » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:55 pm

At the end of the day, sizes are numbers in a score that only you and the admins can see. So I'd say RP how you want, the only thing you might have to worry about is hooded descriptions.
I have two forces by my side
One's the truth and one's a lie
Which one's which I cannot tell
This enigma is my hell

Onasaki
Honored Elf

Postby Throttle » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:55 pm

The general convention is to completely ignore your coded height/weight/size and go by the description you wrote, assuming it's a reasonable description (and, if not, shame on whoever approves it). Your coded size means nothing once you're in the game, as far as I can tell, and is mostly a relic of a time when there were sizes for clothes and armour. Your height will affect how you look with a hooded cloak on, that's about it.
You notice a gigantic orb spider with raw-umber patterning's attention shift toward you!
You notice a giant orb spider with night patterning's attention shift toward you!
You notice a rugged orb spider with sepia patterning's attention shift toward you!
Throttle
Honored Elf

Postby Red » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:45 pm

Is there a command to compare the size of someone with yourself?
Red
Forum Hobbit

Return to General Discussion

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login