It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 5:30 am
Change font size

Staff Announcements

Happy Birthday to me!

Game related announcements from the staff, including RPTs, general plot information, etc...

Moderator: Elder Staff

Happy Birthday to me!

Postby Nimrod » Mon May 07, 2018 8:01 pm

My dear Bagginses and Boffins, Tooks and Brandybucks, Grubbs, Chubbs, Hornblowers, Bolgers, Bracegirdles and Proudfoots.

Today is my one hundred and eleventh birthday!

Alas, eleventy-one years is far too short a time to live among such excellent and admirable hobbits. I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

I, uh, I h-have things to do. [fidgets with the Ring behind his back.] I've put this off for far too long.

I regret to announce — this is The End. I am going now. I bid you all a very fond farewell.

Goodbye.

*slips on the ring and slinks back to his hobbit hole*
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Coder

Re: Happy Birthday to me!

Postby Sage » Mon May 07, 2018 8:31 pm

No, sweet one. See, my precious: if we has it, then we can escape, even from Him, eh? Perhaps we grows very strong, stronger than Wraiths. Lord Sméagol? Gollum the Great? The Gollum! Eat fish every day...; fresh from the sea. Most Precious Gollum! Must have it. We wants it...!
Sage
Game Lead

Re: Happy Birthday to me!

Postby Nimrod » Mon May 07, 2018 8:55 pm

I am old, Sage. I don’t look it, but I am beginning to feel it in my heart of hearts. Well-preserved indeed!

Why, I feel all thin, sort of stretched, if you know what I mean: like butter that has been scraped over too much bread. That can’t be right. I need a change, or something.

A tall, golden robot makes to leave a gold ring on the mantle but thinks better of it, pocketing it before moving to the door. A wizened wizard stops him, hand extended, a bushy brow cocked in recognition.

A tall, golden robot blinks, coming out of a stupor and then nods slowly, handing over the golden ring to the wizard. The wizard carefully avoids touching the ring, holding it by the chain it hangs on and he drops it in an envelope. He seals the envelope with a blob of wax and places it on the mantle.

A tall, golden robot opens the southern round-wooden-door.

A tall, golden robot begins walking southward.

The southern round-wooden-door closes quietly.
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Coder

Return to Staff Announcements

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login